Perspective - Calla

 First Person:

When I go to the beach I feel nothing but bliss, the sun shining on my cheeks and the sand filtering between my toes as I walk. It's a calming sensation that I get from no other place, and am constantly referring to as my happy place. The ring of seagulls flying from above, or a large boat traveling by sounding its horn. Running into the water splashing around until you finally submerge underwater where all of the sounds are muffled. This is the moment I feel true peace, there are no disturbances, it's almost like time stops for a moment. It’s just me and the water with sunlight shining through the ocean surface helping you discover a hermit crab or a shell. As I swim using my arms to propel me forward, the water rushes through my fingertips. Popping my head out of the water all of the sounds rushes back, the boats, birds, people, ice cream trucks all come rushing back into my ears. But only until I dive back under, that’s why the beach is my happy place because I can choose when to turn all unnecessary sounds off. 


Outer Perspective:

When Calla goes to the beach, she becomes a fish. She seems content and relaxed as she drags her toes through the sand, and tints her cheeks with burns from the sun. Calm is the best word to describe her state, maybe it’s because she’s finally content and in her happy place. She takes in her surroundings including the views, sounds, and animals scoping, out her next move. Then as expected she rapidly makes her way towards the water, like magnets pulling toward each other. Water gets splashed aside by her stomps into the ocean, and then quickly she disappears underneath the big blue. You wonder what she’s doing down there, what she’s thinking, and how she can stay under for that long. I did mention she was a fish right? But suddenly you see a mop of black hair pop out of the water, and with the shake of her head is revealed the biggest smile she could slap on her face. This continues for hours, her disappearing and popping back up into the world again. 


Comments

Popular Posts