Blog Post 7

Internal

Every weekend I get excited to go out and spend quality time with my friends. It feels very liberating after keeping up with all of the week’s to-dos and obligations. At 6PM every Thursday I sit on the stained carpet in the corner of my room facing my 6-foot mirror. I look for a second, examining if I’m having a good hair day or a bad one, then proceed to pluck and press makeup into my face. I turn on my speaker and let the music carry me through my 30-minute routine of getting ready. Most people listen to sad songs to feel something, I just do it to sing. Once I am satisfied with my look, I grab my ID, debit card, and any cash lingering from the past week's events. I ran down the stairs with my friends and out the door. The cold smacks my bare shoulders and I tightly wrap my arms around my chest while I run 500ft to the bar next door. I shuffle off my ID to the closest bouncer and make my way to the bar for a vodka soda with lime juice. Thank God it's Thursday.



External

She’s pretty quiet right now. You would think after the week she’s had she would be bouncing off the walls to let loose. The muffled sound of Olivia Rodrigo and Billie Eilish seep from her doorways. Why is she listening to “Traitor”? This is supposed to be a happy night. I hope when she comes out, she is in the right frame of mind because if not it would really bring us all down. “Don’t say that she always knows how to flip the switch, and besides no one should be responsible for how you feel”. You are right. Sarah come on let's go! Don’t forget your ID, we wouldn't want to come all the way back. “Yeah, all the 500ft back.” She grabs her shoulders fiercely; I know it is cold but something about Sarah makes her always cold. She sprints to the front of our group to seek refuge in the warm bar. She lights up as soon as we walk in, I knew she would be able to turn her mood around.


Comments

  1. I like that in both perspectives we can feel the mood shift. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts