Blog 5


The podcast I chose for my discussion was “We’re Stuck With Each Other”: An Unconventional Quarantine Love Story from Story Corps. I chose this specifically from the title, I was drawn in due to it being a love story and one that I felt I could relate to. I’ve always enjoyed podcasts, I find that when done right they can truly make any topic interesting. The audio was crisp throughout the podcast and the background audio was fitting with its theme. I thought that the interviewees were perfect, they unleashed emotions and opened up on their background through the story. After being divorced for almost a decade the two came together and lived with each other during quarantine. Two people who were faced with the confinement of New York City embraced their situation. Despite being in a tiny apartment where they stayed along with his mother, they found ways to make their situation work. I found it to be a rather emotional piece, but in a beautiful way. Two souls who remained connected despite the split in their marriage. I found myself relating to the podcast because I had a similar experience during quarantine, but instead of a ex-husband I was confined with a new boyfriend, whom I only met weeks prior. I related in the way that we truly made the best of our situation by finding outlets that connected us and routines that empowered us. I find that most people direct themselves towards topics that they find relatable. It connects the author, the story, and viewer, giving them a different perspective or understanding. Overall, I enjoyed this podcast. I wish that it was a bit longer as I felt I wanted more details, but the audio and storyline were very well done.


https://storycorps.org/stories/were-stuck-with-each-other-an-unconventional-quarantine-love-story/


Comments

  1. Oh, this is the same one Sarah did. It is a really sweet story!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts