Tree Reflection

I felt that the documentary Treeline was a very descriptive piece. I loved how the film was shot, its visuals within each scene was very unique and full of gorgeous landscapes. Being a visual person, I absolutely loved this about the film, images that I can get lost in, it was very appealing. One of my favorite scenes was the ski portion. As a skier, it was intriguing how they incorporated this into the topic of trees. It was also a piece that made me contemplate something I admire everyday, trees. Something that I’ve never really put too much thought into.



A portion that I found to be interesting was the belief in the connection between spirits and trees. I’ve heard about the root connections between trees but had no idea about its emotional and spiritual connection they can share. I know the feeling of standing outside and feeling a connection between ones self and nature, but never being fully alike. It made me reflect on ones lifecycle, we rise from the ground and eventually returning to its soil. I never thought that I would look this deeply into the spiritual connection of trees, but I feel this film changed my perspective. Overall, I felt that this film made me truly speculate on the spiritual understanding of trees. 

Comments

Popular Posts