Blog Post #4

 I found the videos and articles to be incredibly vulnerable with a touch of comedy. Subjects like this can be relatable to anyone and everyone. People can always experience strong emotions, but what I enjoyed about the pieces is the addition of humor. In “Adventures in Depression” by Allie Brosh, I found one portion to be very relatable. She speaks about how when one feels emotions of sadness theres this portion of self-pity that is quiet satisfying. But when one feels sadness for no reason it takes out that odd good feeling. I found this be relatable because I myself have questioned these emotions. I really enjoyed the poorly drawn cartoon graphics added, the expressions the character holds really captures the language that is being used. I also really enjoyed “How to Ruin Everything” by Watsky, from its witty humor and in depth details. I enjoyed that Watsky saw things for what they were, physically and the emotions they gave off. Its fast paced tempo and cringey commentary. I felt that the overall video captured the essence that we are all people drifting through life, but sometimes stopping to notice the details truly helps you understand the whole picture.

Comments

Popular Posts